Thursday, December 31, 2009

My spouse is trying to end alimony payments. What can I do to prevent the action?

I have been sick for about 1 year, I live in another state and I have the children 100% of the time do to violence from my ex spouse ( court ordered). My spouse hold all the assets. Married for 18 years. His argument is he shouldn't have to pay money I should work and he should also be able to reduce support( all teenagers).My spouse is trying to end alimony payments. What can I do to prevent the action?
It' not up to him it's up to the judge he decides Besides I think it takes more money to raise teenagersMy spouse is trying to end alimony payments. What can I do to prevent the action?
Only a judge may modify the support terms of a divorce decree. If your ex takes it upon himself to reduce court ordered payments, you have very strong grounds to take him back to court for nonpayment of court ordered support.
well if he dont get to see the kids then he shouldnt have to pay for them and if you cant get a job then get on ssi he shouldnt have to pay for you any more you are no longer together
Well unless you are paralized from the neck down , They shouldnt take your payments ...You sound like a freeloader. You should work ...
How did he end up with 100% of the assets? Usually that's split 50/50 in a divorce.
Take it to court

No comments:

Post a Comment