Monday, December 28, 2009

What do you love about your spouse now that you have kids?

What special thing or even little thing do they do that makes you look at them and just love them even more?What do you love about your spouse now that you have kids?
Imagine this: I come in one day after going grocery shopping. My husband is sitting on the couch, one child on each side of him, both are asleep. He is sitting there watching NCIS while cradling our children.





That right there says AWESOME DAD. I love my husband so much and I love the way he loves his family.What do you love about your spouse now that you have kids?
Our kids are now 13 and 15. My husband had never even held a baby before ours arrived. But right away in the hospital he changed diapers(even thought it wasnt a good job lol) and held them and it was so sweet. Throughout the years he has let my daughter give him a makeover(unfortunately she was 3 at the time), been the foundation for a fort, gotten inside a tiny pup tent with both kids, danced with them( he still does even now), let my daughter put curlers in his almost non-existent hair, helped our son build shelves for his room...I could go on and on. I think the most special thing is that he always tries to enjoy what they are enjoying. We have a very happy family!!!
I like that my husband takes so much pride in his family. I also like knowing that when he gets home from work, he will always give me a kiss and scoop both boys up and give them some attention, no matter what else he has to do. He makes us a priority, and he loves it. It melts my heart when I see this big strong guy kissing and hugging his kids.
It always melts my heart when I see a big, strong guy sit down on the floor and play dress up and tea party with his daughters. Before having our own he would have never even considered that. He even gets his brothers and friends involved.





He can be very competitive, but he plays with our boys and lets them win or completely throw the rules out the window. He never would have done that before either.





Now when he says he's going to rent a movie, I find him in the family and cartoon sections not the new release section. I never thought he would enjoy watching the Disney Princesses but he does it willingly.
When we were pregnant my husband decided to switch to the weekend night shift so that he could stay at home with our son when I was at work. They have such a special bond now, it is just so cute to watch. My son just LOVES his daddy and smiles everytime he sees him. That makes me just love him even more.
I absolutely love watching my husband read to my two girls. One is almost 7 and the other is 16 months. I took a picture one day of them both on his lap reading. They love it and he does voices and inflections and they all have a great time.


He'll also get them ready for baths, feed my 16 month old, play with them while I'm making dinner, or working like crazy to provide for our family.
There is only one thing for me:





The fact that he works his a** off for my family and I! Just so I can be at home with the two babies and raise them to our standards of child rearing!!





I that a man should support his family in all ways and there is no excuse not to, even a friend of my daughter's father takes care of them and he is disabled.. No reason to be lazy!!





That is what I see!!
Watching him come home, in his cammies, and seeing him go straight for Noah. It just makes me fall even harder for him when I see that. I'm just so glad I don't have to have any doubts about how much he loves our son, you know?
When he cleans the community areas of the house. He is soo good at that. Everything is so sparkly and fresh smelling. I could do that, but not more than once a week. I'm clean but not that squeaky clean.
After I had my first, my husband fell asleep whilst holding him and my son was wide awake. what a picture. I will never forget that. I love the way he gets proud of them and is always playing with them and joining in at duck duck goose.
that he has a wonderful one on one relationship as a dad should have and he takes the lead in keeping spirituality first in our family.


(Ephesians 6:4 and Ephesians 5:25-33)
There are a million and one things.





I love seeing him wrestle w/ our 3 year old son and rock our 8 month old to sleep. It melts my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment