Monday, December 28, 2009

Is it normal to bring your spouse to a pap smear?

Let me explain. I am having a cancer scare and my husband wants to come in the room for me when they do primary testing. Is that wierd or should he stay in the waiting room?Is it normal to bring your spouse to a pap smear?
I had to have a biopsy to check for cervical cancer and my husband came with me. I didn't feel it was weird. If you're okay with it, let him go with you. My husband sat to the side of me so he couldn't see what the doctor was doing. My husband held my hand and it made me feel more calm.Is it normal to bring your spouse to a pap smear?
I would have him stay in the waiting room while they do the actual exam on you, but if you want to talk with the doc afterwards, you can have him with you while you discuss aspects of your care.





I hope everything turns out well for you.
Hey if you want him in there, bring him in, If your comfortable with him by your side the doc should be too.


If you dont want him in there, them he should wait outside.


Your body your choice
I dont see why he couldnt. as long as hes not like right there all up in it with the doc.
That is strictly up to you.


The Dr. may not allow your husband in though.


I can't see them turning him away, I mean you are husband and wife, and there is nothing he hasn't seen there. I don't think it is weird, my husband would want to be there for me for support.


But, for the Dr., they may feel uncomfortable with it.


Just ask.
Well, if you feel more comfortable with him in the room, then go ahead and have him in the room.


Personally, I feel like it's my body, it's private.


However, I'm not married, so I don't have that bond with someone.
Its no problem at all. When I was pregnant I had my husband in the room with me when I got my pap smears and so forth. Usually your GYN will have no objections as long as he stays out of the way.
There is nothing with having your spouse there. I was pregnant and in every checkup he was inside the room with me. The cancer scare, would be scary and I would want him with me there. So you might want to ask if he can be with you. Make sure it's a big enough room though. It's very understandable if you want him there.
If you feel more comfortable for him to waiting room. But it up to him whenever he want to do.
  • makeup hair
  • tanning sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment