Monday, December 28, 2009

Is it usual for SEPARATED spouse to date as long as the other spouse knows that the husband or wife is dating?

Or is it understood that while separated each person can date or do what they want? No talk of divorce and separated due to infidelity?Is it usual for SEPARATED spouse to date as long as the other spouse knows that the husband or wife is dating?
You are still married, therefore you should be either trying to make your relationship work, or getting a divorce. Do you think that dating anyone will help you get your marriage back?Is it usual for SEPARATED spouse to date as long as the other spouse knows that the husband or wife is dating?
This is a conversation you need to have with your spouse as to what's ';acceptable'; to either one of you.


Sometimes people separate as a prelude to divorce, other times as a ';breathing space'; to work on their existing relationship. So much depends on why you've chosen to separate.


Since you're not living together, then out of sight could be out of mind with each person doing whatever, whenever and with whomever.


I don't think this is covered in any kind of separation ';etiquette';.
If it's a legal separation then it is understood the spouses can go their separate ways. If it's not, then I would say your on shaky ground as in the eyes of the court -- reconciliation is still very much possible.





If there are kids, if a separated spouse gets serious with a new boyfriend, then be prepared for questions. It isn't wrong for the other parent to ask them, but only in a mature way that is directly related to the children.
This is a free country. They can do whatever they want to do provided they are responsible and liable for their actions according to law. Most probably, any spouse will hurl a legal battle especially when children are involved. Better yet legally separate or divorce so that each will have a clean slate. It is quite understood and usual as a matter of reason because they split due to reasons of not accepting each other anymore. In some instances, maybe they want a break to see if they can click with others.
Generally separation means that a divorce is coming or there are talks and work being done to heal the marriage, however during separation you are free to the extent that your situation allows which means that dating could be included in that... when you say that you are separated due to infidelity it first made me think hell yeah you should get some too, but then the wife side of my brain started working and I want you to remember that hurting someone out of hurt only makes you hurt worse and more infidelity is just more to deal with. Search your heart and do what is right for you... now if he is out dating then you should be allowed also if you so choose.
That depends entirely on the terms the two of you come up with. There is no ';universal law'; that must apply to YOUR relationship.





If you do care about community norms, or are at a loss and looking to them for guidance, it is not unusual for separated married couples to date. It depends on the reasons and intent of the separation, as well as the personal issues each partner is facing on their own.
Please help me understand what is the point of separation? If you are separated, how are you working on anything? Separation sounds more like the punishment period of marriage. It sounds like the couple is saying





';We need to be apart until I can figure things out. While I am trying to figure things out you cannot date, have sex or talk to any one else because I am hurt and this is your punishment until I decide. I have no idea how long it will take because pain is not something I get over easy. So you are to put life on hold and remain celibate until I decide to forgive you. If ever! Right now I am so confused about my feelings because you broke our vows of love. You lied and you think I am supposed to just forgive you! In your dreams! Go where you must but get out of here until I decide I want to see you again, if ever! You hurt me you worthless piece of swine so why should you enjoy any parts of life. You should have thought first about me, your family your vows. So from this day forth no sexing with anyone else, no talking to anyone else and above all no talking to me until I call you, if ever. Please know that I will always love you whether you are here with me and your family and alone under some bridge. I will call when I am ready to talk. Why we did not discussed before marriage or during pre marital counseling is beyond me. Now scoot! Love and kisses, your spouse.';





This is what separation sounds like to me and it is not representative of working things out in a marriage. Love and kisses, your spouse.';





I don't think so!
I'm sure it varies, but if there is any possibility it could be contentious, just know that it's possible this could be viewed as infidelity. I know it is, in my state. So, if you have permission, get it in writing, or witnessed, or something. Sounds silly, but seriously, marriage is a contract. Therefore, the dissolution should be treated same. There may be legal ramifications to what you do or don't do in this situation. Ah, love...ain't it grand?!
It is normal if there is a pending divorce.





If this is some kind of ';trial separation'; or something, then they've agreed to allow each other to go out and bag some booty to satisfy their sexual cravings, but are planning to get back together later... I think? I dunno that sounds weird.





Yes, a separation pending a divorce means that they are free to see and start new relationships with other people.
Being separated means just that, you're separated for x reasons. Sure its nice to let the other person know if your goal is to get back with or at that person, but if two people are split, then date and see however many people you want.





SWEET MILDRED OUR LEADER!! SHE WANTS YOU TO CRAWL INTO THE PLAYPEN WITH ME FOR SOME FUN
If hubs and I were to seperate, especially due to infidelity, I'd assume that there'd be dating going on.





It's the first step to divorce.





If you don't want to date, then you both need to agree on it. If not, well, then, sign those D papers and get it over with.
I thought a separation was to heal and work on making the relationship work, not on dating other people?

No comments:

Post a Comment