Monday, December 28, 2009

In the case of death, is Alabama a community property state? Will the spouse be liable for any medical bills?

My mother just recently died; and without a will or an estate. Will my father be responsible for any medical bills that are continuing to come in for her lengthy hospitalizations before her death?In the case of death, is Alabama a community property state? Will the spouse be liable for any medical bills?
If they were married your father assumes the debts.In the case of death, is Alabama a community property state? Will the spouse be liable for any medical bills?
Unfortunately, yes...You might want to contact the hospital's administration department to find out if your mother qualified for any kind of Medicaid to cover these expenses. It's worth a shot....Sorry about your Mom, God Bless...
Very sorry for your lost. If your parents were married during your mother's illness; its your father's responsibility to pay off the debts.
I'm not a lawyer , but I have been an Alabama resident all my life , and I am pretty certain that answer is YES
  • makeup hair
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment