Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Does a judgement affect a spouse if you're not applying for credit together?

I am currently trying to avoid a judgment on an issue I thought was already resolved. I want to settle but need a few more weeks and they want to jack the settlement up in the meantime. I am not sure I will be able to give them what they are asking and monthly payments are out. So my question is, if they do put a judgment out there for me, will it effect my fiance? If so, how?Does a judgement affect a spouse if you're not applying for credit together?
The only way it would affect your fiance would be if their name was on the contract.Does a judgement affect a spouse if you're not applying for credit together?
Nope, it won't affect his credit at all, unless his name is on the account. Also, even after you're married, if you keep all your accounts separate, no adverse consequences on your credit will affect him, and vice-versa. My hubby has EXCELLENT credit and mine sucks. :) He's way more financially responsible than I am!
it won't effect him unless you have any joint accounts together. if you do, than get your name off of them. this is because they could potentially levi any accounts with your name on them, and the creditor won't care who's money that the money in the account is.
As long his name is not on the contract , it's fine. But sometimes they trace the same address on their data and that can lead to credit being refused.
If you are not married yet, it won't affect your fiance at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment