Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Once the I-130 is approved usually how long is it before a spouse can get a interview?

Hello, i just had the I-130 approved %26amp; now the paperwork moves to N.H.i was wondering how many more steps are involved %26amp; what would be the timeline for the wifes interview in China?Once the I-130 is approved usually how long is it before a spouse can get a interview?
Have you sent in the I-864 yet?


If you just sent in the I-130, then next you should get the fee bill for the I-864 affidavit of support and your wife should get a 'choice of agent' form where she can opt to have her paperwork sent to someone in the US instead of to China to save time. Once you remit the fee bill, they'll send you the I-864. Once you send in the I-864, they'll send the bill for the DS 230. Once you send back the fee for the DS 230, they send you the form. This form though, just part one is filled out and you will fill out part 2 at your interview. Once you get the DS 230, you can expect about 3 months before you have an immigration interview. Since china embassies handle thousands of cases, it will depend on how many other applicants there are at the same time.


Obviously, a lot of the time frame depends on how quickly you send it back and how thorough and accurately you fill it out.


I would suggest looking at the I-864 and assembling everything you'll need for that as well as any supporting documents you'll need for the DS 230. They'll send you the application with your own barcode on it, but, it's a good idea to make sure you have everything else you need..


http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864.pd鈥?/a>


http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-864P.p鈥?/a>


And here's the DS 230


http://www.state.gov/documents/organizat鈥?/a>



No comments:

Post a Comment