Monday, December 28, 2009

How do you file for divorce if you don't know where your spouse is or has been for about 8 yrs?

A friend of mine split with his wife %26amp; wants to remarry, but after his wife kicked him out he moved out of state %26amp; has no idea where she is or how to contact her. Could she have already gotten a divorce without him knowing?How do you file for divorce if you don't know where your spouse is or has been for about 8 yrs?
No state would deny a divorce after that many years. You just file and usually are required to post a notice of the intent in a newspaper in the last known area the MIA spouse was known to be. I thought mine was is the south, so I said Michigan. I sere did not want him slowing it down once I filed. I was not a Christian then and had no problem with the deception.How do you file for divorce if you don't know where your spouse is or has been for about 8 yrs?
Yes, it's possible if he claimed he didn't know where she was and just took out an ad in a paper.


Does she know what state he's in at least? Or might be? She can request marriage records (I think can purchase searches to look online, even) to find out. Also divorce records.


The rules for filing when someone is in absentia vary state to state, but usually require putting ads in at least 2 major papers in the area they are thought to be, or last were.


Have him check the rules of his state to start off, that will help a lot.
Well maybe she shouldn't have kicked him out of the house? hahaha





No, he needs to be involved in the litigation unless she's going to give up all of their money/assets. Her lawyer should be able to take care of this (if he's any good), they can track down anyone and serve them the papers.

1 comment:

  1. I suspected my wife of cheating on me but I never had any proof. This went on for months, I didn't know what to do. i was so paranoid and decided to find a solution, i saw a recommendation about a private investigator and decided to contact him. I explained the situation about my wife to him and he said he was going to help me.I gave him all the informations he required and afterwards i received all my wife’s phones Text messages and calls, I was hurt when i saw a picture of my wife and her lover. I feel so bad about infidelity. but i am glad Mr james was able to help me get all this information, you can contact him via email(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete