Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Have any of you ever joined a religion to the dismay of your spouse?

Did you stick to your religious conversion?What was the switch? Like Catholic to Baptist, for example.Did your spouse ever follow you in your faith?Did you need the ';OK'; of your spouse to join? Thanks!Have any of you ever joined a religion to the dismay of your spouse?
Yes. I went Lutheran to Catholic. I am married to an evangelical who wants to be a pastor someday. He found this rather alarming.





What made this situation work was discussing spiritual things openly with one another. We discussed theology and apologetics, but more importantly, we shared our God moments and we prayed together.





I think these discussions helped him to realize that I really was better off Catholic, but I doubt he'll ever follow me there.Have any of you ever joined a religion to the dismay of your spouse?
Well when people that are getting married aren't of like faith, the bible tells us don't be unequally yoked ';2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?


(KJV)'; So with that said I married my husband which is like faith, I think it vital because you can't raise kids properly when you have 2 different views on the bible, or religion, %26amp; well with the way divorce rates are, it kind of explains why you shouldn't be unequally yoked
I became Catholic recently. My wife wasn't dismayed, she joined me.
yes. my husband wasn't thrilled but he didn't really care that much. no he didn't. no. it was wicca.
Nope.
  • makeup hair
  • tanning sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment