Tuesday, December 22, 2009

In a marriage, do you feel that it is important for each spouse to feel comfortable with each others friends?

made during the course of the marriage? In a marriage, do you feel that it is important for each spouse to feel comfortable with each others friends?
Yes I do. I am aware that many friendships are established before marriage and by no means would I tell anyone that you have to discontinue talking to them, or hanging out with them because you are now married. I would say that it's a lot easier if everyone can become one big happy family. There is a difference between male, and female friends however. If this is not a person, or a group of people that you can bring around your wife/husband, or someone who you spend time with without your wife (female friends) then something is wrong. Not only are you disrespecting your wife, but so is your friend. Why then would your wife want to be around, or feel comfortable with that person? As far as male friends go... there is nothing wrong with a night out with the guys within reason. This does not mean that you are going out 4-5 nights out of the week. Be creative. If you really want some of that testosterone, and wanna keep your wife happy arrange for the guys to come over and hang at your house for a football game or something. It would be even better if they brought their wives or girlfriends along. The more comfortable the wife is with your friends, the less agony for you. Friends that are made during marriage brings on another aspect. I feel that everyone should be familiar with everyone. I would definitely introduce someone that I have met to my husband, and make sure that there is time spent together so that my spouse will have a chance to get to know them, and love them as I do (hopefully).In a marriage, do you feel that it is important for each spouse to feel comfortable with each others friends?
This question is worded in too general a way, but I'll try to answer as succinctly as possible.





It is not necessary for all of your friends to be shared. If you want to have female friends that you spend time with outside of your husband's company, that's perfectly fine; and, he should be able to have male friends you don't share. Neither of you, however, should be spending time with friends of the opposite sex without the other present (unless in a group).





If you object to a friend of your spouse's because you feel that he/she is influencing him/her in a negative way, that is a problem. Sit down and talk about it. But, if you have good reason to object, your spouse should be willing to at least limit his/her time with this friend.





It's always nice to have friends you can share. But it's okay to have separate friends, too. Hope this helps.
Yes. At least be able to tolerate them. Obviously, no couple's going to like 100% of each others friends, but just so long as it stays respectful, it's cool.





My husband and I have a number of common friends, and some that are work-related friends, and we're totally comfortable with each others social lives.
I'm not sure you have to feel comfortable with your partners friends but all involved should be adult enough to at least respect that you love the same person in one way or another. I would never deal with any of my friends bad talking my man. I am the only one allowed to do that when he p*sses me off (which isn't very often).
When you're married, your friends become her friends and vice versa. Any problems, and i guess you find new friends. My wife stopped talking to some of her friends because they weren't thrilled about me, and i'd do the same.
not everyone can get along with everyone.








you should have mutual friends.....


but you should also have friends that are just yours......


and the other should have friends that are just theirs....
Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment