Saturday, January 9, 2010

What's the most expensive thing you ever bought and tried to hide from your spouse?

Did you keep it hid, did you tell on yourself or was you discovered?What's the most expensive thing you ever bought and tried to hide from your spouse?
This is interesting because I'm not yet married but soon will be. Money is one of our concerns, not because we don't have enough, but because she's a spender and I'm a saver. I want my wife to have nice things but I think we need to stick to a strict budget and save the splurging for clothes, shoes, etc for special occassions or holidays.





We both work decent jobs and plan to share the financial responsibilies so there will be no mine and yours thing going on with the bank accounts. We each made an agreement to not make purchases over $100 without first talking to the other. I hope that she'll stick to this and not try to hide things or take advantage of the limit and continuosly make purchases under $100, if there's something she really wants or needs, I hope that she'll just tell me about it. What's the most expensive thing you ever bought and tried to hide from your spouse?
I'm assuming you're referring to buying something for yourself that you don't want your spouse to know about because you spent money on it... but, uh, I really don't think lying, deceiving, or anything like that is conducive to a marriage, so I don't do that.





But, I bought a new laptop for my husband before he left for Iraq. It cost about $1500. He saw the ATM withdrawal on our bank statements (I knew he would, we share accounts, so that's why I took it from an ATM). I just told him it was a surprise for him... then I surprised him with it. He loved it.





I really don't need to buy myself expensive things because my husband is always buying me sweet romantic and sometimes expensive gifts.
Hah... this is a funny topic between my and my bf. Both of us are spenders and we both like expensive things, namely clothes and designer stuff.





We don't spend as much as we used to but we have bought jeans that are quite pricey - $150 or $200. We usually end up telling each other as we get so excited about what we bought. This happened often, actually.





It could become a very bad thing if one spouse is hiding large purchases from their partner, especially if they have a spending problem.






We had a dark blue mini van which was in need of a paint job. So one morning I told her Majesty that I was going out to get the van painted. Anyway, I traded it in for a brand new van (Red.)


When I got home, I told her that the only color I could get on such short notice was red.


The next day we were going shopping and as we approached the van she said ';I like it !'; ';And you got new door handles too !';


It took her a couple of days to realize that not only were the door handles new.
I don't hide anything from her.


I didn't tell her for a couple weeks that I had withdrawn all available funds from my (as in MINE) 401IK (back in Sept.) but she knows now and our finacial plan is in line with my plan no Suze Orman's which is headed for the bucket. They debat as we speak. Will they resolve the situation? Not today, not tomorrow but my money is safe.
A big screen TV, recliner, and entertainment Center. Yes I kept it a secret, well until Christmas morning I did. That is when I gave it all to him. Needless to say he didn't care about the money I spent and it was the best Christmas Gift he has gotten in a long time.
i would have to say it was a double stroller for my sister it was 100 dollars and i told him he was pissed off at me for about a week or so for being such a genrous person. yet he will house and feed an army without telling me.





what a twofaced butthead
Clothes...I hide the bags in the trunk until I can sneak in the house, then when I wear them and he asks ';Is that new?'; I'll say ';No, I had this for a while.';
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>
Whenever I buy clothes I make sure before he sees them I take the tags off of them and tell them that I got them all on clearance.
I never hide anything from my spouse. If I buy something expensive, I tell him and then flirt with him for forgivenes :) It works!!
i just tell my husband the truth sometimes he gets upset. but he would be more mad if i lied about something as stupid as spending money.
the video camera I had bought as his birthday present, he liked it



I don't need to hide anything from my hubby we are honest with each other.
Nothing!
I bought Mr. 8 Ball a 2008 Mustang and didn't tell him for a week--until his birthday.
I bought a new car but he noticed it in the driveway and when it didnt leave, he got suspicious!


A-
A walrus.





And I would've gotten away with it too if the thing didn't make so much goddamn noise.
$150 jeans, told him they were $40
A mail order bride, it didn't turn out well.
really nice digital camera.... even though we already had one.
  • blue mask
  • revlon makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment