Saturday, January 9, 2010

Can your spouse drink if they are underage and you are 21?

In Ohio i looked this up. Ohio Revised Code 4301.69 States that if I am of age I can legally serve my spouse alcohol. The bar can not but I can.


I put this up because I was not happy with the answers others were getting to this question. I'm sure it depends state to state but in Ohio you can.Can your spouse drink if they are underage and you are 21?
I'm a bartender in Ohio. It all depends on if the bartender os comfortable with it or not. Parents are allowed to serve their own child as long as that child is over 18, within arm's distance, and they cannot get intoxicated. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of bartenders say no, and they have the right. If they allow it, follow the rules. If you don't and they get mad, you probably won't be allowed back.Can your spouse drink if they are underage and you are 21?
I wish I would have known that. We'd have drove the half hour to Ohio!

No comments:

Post a Comment