Friday, April 30, 2010

How do you overcome this gap between you and your spouse?

Your experience or ideas will be appreciated. My husband is more of a 'reactive' type of person. He would go ahead and do things out of impulse, and not use the though process of thinking it through, and see the consequences of his choices of actions. I am more analytical, and I prefer to do things seeing the end results of them, so I don't end up scrambling, fixing things after I did something stupid because I just didn't think.How do you overcome this gap between you and your spouse?
If possible, SHOW him, with strong examples of the consequences of NOT discussing, and deciding on things together....鈾モ櫏How do you overcome this gap between you and your spouse?
He gets mad, cuz he hates to see you RIGHT, again! Give him time. He will one day learn to TRUST you judgment! 鈾モ櫏

Report Abuse



This reminds me of an anniversary card a friend got after 20 yrs in the marriage trenches. Husband is importuned by friends to share the reason for the relationship's success over the weary years: 'She makes all the easy decsions; the tough ones are reserved for me. Fortunately, all the decisions so far have been easy!'





Until 'reactive' develops his intellect enough to think past his skippy, don't give him any tough decisions.





The thing is, once you accept someone's 'gaps,' you can't use the information against them. If you still love Mr. Fool, just keep him away from anything dangerous. And maybe hire a good atty and an accnt.





Most importantly, don't expect Mr. Fool to appreciate your superior reasoning abilities. You'll have to keep this to yourself. Only smart people seem to know when their judgment may be somehow impaired.
start by understanding and respecting the differences between you.





End by accepting and working making the most of those differences.





You probably will have to be creative to make this work.
marriage = 2 people


2 personalities


2 different ideals


2 different behavior patterns


2 different sexual appetites


Then we marry and hope our new mate is compatible with us!


Opposites do attract, and can usually with stand the stress and strains!


good luck


MGB
I'm a ';fly by the seat of my pants'; kind of girl. My husband makes all his own decisions, and usually lots of mine. I don't mind. I love to say the words ';I told you so.';

No comments:

Post a Comment