Friday, April 30, 2010

How do you get over hearing graphic details of your spouse's sexual past?

My husband and I use condoms everytime we have sex to prevent pregnancy. Last night he started talking about how he prefers sex without condoms, then he mentioned his ex was on the pill and although it was good sexually he doesn't want me to go on the pill because it made her ';crazy.'; Now, I feel hurt thinking about his sex life with his ex. Whay do I feel this way and how can I get over it?How do you get over hearing graphic details of your spouse's sexual past?
I'm the same way as you. Part of me wants to know about my wife's past. I think she is wiser than I am because she resists telling me. When she has gotten weak and told me things she did with old loves it hurts.





It is natural to feel the way you do. Just realize that this is his past. You are his present and yet to come. He has chosen to be with you now and the future!How do you get over hearing graphic details of your spouse's sexual past?
there are other types of birth control, use the sponge. You are upset that you are married to him and use condoms to prevent pregnancy and therefore, his release is kept from you,and is less intimate, than the sex was with his exgirlfriend. my husband and I use condoms too and it bothers me, because he didn't use condoms with his ex wife, but i can still get pregnant, and I can't use the pill because i am a smoker. I get over it, and sometimes get a little freaked out when it seems he isn't going to cover it up. it's hard to be spontaneous when you are in the heat of the moment and someone has to stop to put a condom on....
Look, what your hubby did before he met you is really non of your buisness... He had no idea he would be married to you, he didnt go out and sleep around to hurt your feeling before he even knew you. While it is wrong to compare your sex life with the sex he had with others, it isent right for you to be upset that he had sex with other women before you... Get it? Next time he saids something... Say ';Well, I am not your ex girlfriend... Your married to me... GUess you'll have to deal with it.'; And walk away, I am sure he wont be making comments like that agian.
its not easy and its very normal to be feeling that way... I hate the thought of my husband and his ex's its not something you should have to get over yea its his past and thats where it should be kept he shouldnt be talking about it anywas let him know how it makes you feel and ask him how he would feel if your were to talk about your ex its just something that you shouldnt re viste after your married.. hang in there...
I don't understand why you feel hurt. Past is past, and there's nothing you can do to change it. Where you a virgin when you met your husband? Surely you knew he was not a virgin when you married? I would think the fact that he prefers being with you is what counts.





I've been married 20 years, but neither my wife nor I were ';pure'; when we married. The fact that she and I chose each other and continue to prefer each other is what counts.
I'm sure he wasn't trying to hurt your feelings, and if he missed sex with her at all, I'm sure he wouldn't have even mentioned it. I know we all want to feel like we're the only ones who have ever given our men pleasure, but it's just not like that. Think about it this way, haven't you been with other men before him? I bet you don't even think about sex with them anymore, and when you do it's so far removed it hardly counts right? So I'm sure he is the same way. You have nothing to worry about. I'm sure there is a good reason she is an ex, and he's with you now.
Why is is that everybody thinks it is weird to wear condoms when you ar married??? I'm married and I wear condoms. The pill was bad for me, the shot made me sick and everything else has hormones in them!!


Screw that, I wrap it up!!


As for your question, I am sure that what you are envisioning in your head is far more graphic than what really transpired. At least he didn't tell you that she was better...I had somebody in the past do that to me...now that hurts.
Every one has a past, if you think your husband was a saint before he blessed you with a marriage, then you are very naive. If it truly bothers you then talk to him about it and ask him not to mention all the kinky stuff that he did with others before he met you. I feel your problem may be a self confidence issue and the only way you can fix that is with the help of therapist. Good luck.
Unless he's having sex with her still, tell him to shut the bleep up and stop mentioning her. Tell him to put the raincoat on his penis and get on with the great wild married people sex. You are married to him and you accepted his past just as he accepted yours. Deal with the stories, or ask him not to mention her because of whatever feelings you have regarding it.
The only way to even some what get over it is to just think, jey i have a past to and its the past for a reason.


But if it really is bothering you just tell him that you would prefer that he didnt talk about their sex life or bring it up.


i would hate that and i think its going to bother no matter what when he talks about it.
Why do you feel that way? You're wrapped too tight.





How can you get over it? Unwrap.





Did you think he and the ex didn't have sex? Oh. You figured they did? So, just exactly WHAT has changed?





(Now if he starts telling you about that thing she used to do that made him crazy, you MIGHT have reason to complain. Especially as you don't sound like you're likely to try it.)
Tell him to go get clipped then.


If you know he wasn't a virgin, then you at least know he had sex before, so just tell him in a nice way, you don't like hearing about his past sex life!!


There are more options with birth control than just condoms and birth control pills. Explore your options
smoke some weeds and eventually you will forget. stop thinking of it. im the same way. honestly. im sure YOU have a sexual past too!!! put a rubber band on your wrist and have the discipline to snap it every time you think of it. dont let this **** ruin your life. weve all got a past and you know it
thats not graphic. and i never knew marrried people used condoms. if he doesnt want you to go on the pill, and it would make you feel better to not use condoms, look into the IUD, the shot or the patch. i personally think your looking too far into things.
I don't really consider that so much him talking about the sex with her, it more or less seems he was referencing a particular experience he has had with women on Birth control? I could be wrong but most men i know have had that experience with at least one woman. lol
Why you two use condoms is beyond me? And why you let a man tell you what to take and not take as birth control is beyond me?





You're building this up in your mind and you need to let it go....it'll only hurt your marriage if you keep it up.
Never a good idea to mention how great sex was with the ex, especially while you are in the sack. Just tell him it hurt your feelings and to please not mention anything like that again. Only time will help you get over it.
Unfortunately, I don't think you can get over it. He should of never discussed details of his ex relationships. It hurts and it will always be in your mind.
That is not a good thing for him to do. He is comparing you to her. That is tough. You need to calmly talk to him about this
Get over it. Did you REALLY want to do it with a virgin?





It's not like he gave you details or told you that she was better. Just move on.
Man he is trying to trap you don't fall for it unless you want to get pregnant. As for the past it is just that the past.
Hurt about his sex life with his ex?





What'd you think they did together? Play Monopoly?
yeah tell him NOT to discuss his s*x life with his ex with you. And it's other methods of birth control, the shot, why are you married using condoms???
That isn't graphic. I know how that feels though... You'll get over it soon. Remember there's a reason he's with You now and not his ex ;)
Exes are part of life. If you can't get over thing like that you will ruin your marriage. Be a bigger person and move on.
BFD. That wasnt graphic!!! BTW condoms do suck. It takes away about 50% of the feeling for me.
It's the idea of your ex being with someone else. We all feel it to some degree. Try talking to him about it
Thats hardly graphic. Trust me.. he could have gone into wayyyyyyyyyyyy more detail.
WTF are married people doing using condoms?





I don't get that at all!



bring her in for a 3 some
Break up with him.





Having sex is for johns and whores.


Get married, then make love,


where the respect for one another is more relevant and if you do


get pregnant the both of you will rejoice,





He is immature and insensitive for bringing something like that up


You are immature for whinning about his past





Neither of you are ready for a serious relationship that includes being physical.

No comments:

Post a Comment