Monday, December 28, 2009

How often do you tell your spouse ';I love you';?

I personally don't believe that when people, even my mother, tell me that because I don't believe in love.





How often do you tell your spouse ';I love you';? Do you believe your spouse when they tell you that?How often do you tell your spouse ';I love you';?
I tell him everyday even if I'm mad at him. I couldn't bare the thought of something happening to him when he leaves our house %26amp; him not knowing 100% that he is the love of my life. Yes, I do mean it %26amp; so does he. I tell my mom everyday too. I've lost people before so it makes it all the more important to let my family know every single day what they mean to me. I don't ever want to think of someone having to question that.How often do you tell your spouse ';I love you';?
In the excitement of a new romance, it seems easy and natural to communicate your love for the other person. After marriage, however, many couples settle into a routine in which one or both partners feel as though they are taken for granted. Don't let another day go by without reinforcing your love for your spouse. Follow these steps to show your partner how much you really love them


Remember, love is an act of the will, not a warm feeling or a clever expression of experience. True love requires you to deny yourself and seek to meet your beloved's needs.


Find out your partner's preferred ';Love Language.'; Do they know you love them when you speak words of love? Or maybe they feel loved by your acts of service? Some people feel loved by receiving little gifts, and others by loving touches. Real love is not based on your preference but your partner's.


Speak your love. Clear communication will let your partner know how much you love them. Speaking from your experience is a way of sharing yourself so that your partner can hear it. You might say, ';My heart expands when you walk into the room'; or ';I think about you throughout my day, and each time I do, I smile.'; Say whatever is true. Remember that actions often speak louder than words; don't just say something, do something.


Show your love through your actions, such as drawing a bath, giving a massage, doing the dishes, or writing a poem. Choose an action that you know your partner will appreciate. Remember, denying yourself never means doing things begrudgingly. If you communicate the desire not to do something loving, you may as well not be doing it.


Spend time being present with your partner. (This is often the least used, but the most powerful form of loving.) Turn off the phone, the TV, computer, and the radio and sit together allowing yourselves to experience each other. Being present with your husband or wife obviously provides the opportunity to serve him or her, so be available to love your spouse.
That's to bad that you don't feel loved, because it is the most amazing feeling in the world!





I tell my husband I love him several times a day, not because I have to, but because man... I look at him and I feel it!





I tell my kiddo's I love them several times a day, again.... I don't have to, but wow... I feel it!





Do I believe my husband when he tells me he loves me? You better believe it! I am a second marriage for my husband and I know how much he stopped believing in love after his first marriage ended.... to be completely cheesy.... Social Distortion has a great song called ';Highway 101'; that states ';I believe in love now, I believe in love again'; this will ALWAYS be my favorite song....





To have the love of another person is priceless.
I tell my wife I love her several times a day. I show her that I love her everyday by what I do for her. People need reassurance on acceptance, love, and feelings of being wanted and needed. I seriously doubt you are being totally honest with yourself when people extend to you terms of endearment that you find it difficult to accept them as sincere and honest. I would find the world lonely and hard if love did not exist in my life. You must learn to trust, learn to like and accept yourself before you can trust, like, or accept other people. You have to make the first commitment and grow from there.
1st of all...I think I understand why you feel that you don't believe in love. However, I won't get that personal.


Love is complicated but to attempt to nutshell it here - I believe not all people have the same feeling when they feel love. For me, I think love is when you truley enjoy someone or something. I don't neccessarily have to be in direct contact or even sight, just knowing that it/he/she is there is enough to make me feel content. Notice that I did'nt say 'happy' and it's because I don't believe you are always only happily in love. To love- you still love whether you are mad, sad, frustrated, angry, excited, silly or whatever. I think people have assumed that to be loving you need to always be happy. So, for them if they are not happy they feel like they must not be loved or loving. I don't think like that. Love is so complicated and extremely hard work. It is not for the uncommited and/or lazy. I guess what I'm saying is ask yourself...'am I content knowing this person or thing is here with me, in my life without seeing them in front of me? Even when things are not going well - can I look past what I'm feeling and be happy inside that even though things are tough, I am glad that whoever/whatever is a part of my life?' If you can say 'yes definately' then that is love. If not, then it probably isn't. It's just an aquaitance or knowing...meaning, you could be fine with or without it/him/her.


To answer your question - I try to show my love rather than speak it. However, I do say it before bed, before I leave, and when I hang up the phone so at least 3 to 6 times a day verbally. Several by hugs, kisses, nice gestures and such...I think it means a whole lot more. Words are easily spoken and get to be more out of habit than actual heartfelt speakings.


Hope I helped and didn't confuse you more. I'm New on here.
I believe my spouse and he believes me when we say I love you.





We say it all the time. Everyday, more then once a day. In the morning, afternoon, evening, before we go to bed. Hubby kisses me goodbye when he leaves for work and says I love. When he comes home he gives me a hug/kiss and we say I love you. When we go to bed, we say sweet dreams and I love you to each other.





When you mean it and are in love...saying I love you is part of breathing.
We tell each other every day! Even if we don't say ';I love you';, we show our love by our actions....the things that we do for each other. Yes, we both believe those words to the fullest. It is like a reminder for letting the other person know that you are in their heart and that's forever. Love comes from the heart.
YOU SOUND PRETTY GRIM! SORRY FOR YOU. LOOK LOVE IS THAT SPECIAL FEELING YOU HAVE AND YOU WILL KNOW. TELL YOUR SPOUSE OFTEN!!! LIFE IS FOREVER CHANGING YOU WAKE UP AND BE GLAD TO BE A PART OF IT. LIKE IN THE MOVIES!!! CAUSE ONE DAY YOUR STORY MAY CHANGE AND YOU WILL WISH FOR THE SAME OLD SAME OLD BUT, YOU WILL FIND YOU CAN NOT GO BACK TO THE SAME OLD SAME OLD BECAUSE IT CHANGED. SO TELL HER OFTEN AND KISS HER ALWAYS.
My husband and I tell each other all the time but we also show each other which is probably better than just saying it all the time. Like when he takes care of me when I'm sick or how he'll run me a bath before I get home so its waiting for me. Stuff like that speaks way louder then the words.
Several times every day. Yes I believe him, not necessarily because he says it, but because of how he treats me every day. I would never want something to happen to him, and know that I didn't tell him that I loved him. That happened with my Dad, and I will never have it happen again.
I tell my hubby everyday that I love him. with every phone call, text message, lil notes where he will find him. We are a military family, there are so many gaps in our lives with him deploying, that its become so important to us to make every moment count. I feel so sorry for you if you dont understand that love is in your life. Every single one of our 5 kids know with each breath we take they are loved. back when i was with my ex husband, i remember that i was going to call my grandpa and let him know we loved him and missed him and would hopefully be home for his 87th birthday, bout 4 days later my mom called me to let me know that my grandpa passed. Not a day goes by that I dont regret picking up that phone and telling him how much he meant to us. Love is in your life. Its not in all the big moments, its all those lil moments that mean the most. If you take the time and really sit and think about it, you are loved. If you let that in, life is just alil bit easier to cope with.
I tell my husband at least 5 or 6 times a day maybe even more.I cant tell him enough so I continue to remind him how much I love him,He does the same to me..You never know they might walk out the door and something might happen and you never get to hear those words again..You should always remind someone how much you love them.
Every single day we say it to each other. At least once in the morning and once at night when we go to sleep. Sometimes more! Of course I believe it, we both love each other very much and if I didn't think there was love in our relationship then I wouldn't be in it.
We probably say it at least 10 times a day. When ever my husband leaves for work in the morning we say it. He calls me often when he is at work. We say every time we hang up, Then right before we go to bed. Yes I believe he means it. I mean it when I say it.
I tell my wife and kids daily! I don't ever want them to doubt it. I have a high risk job, and if something happens to me someday, I want them to know I loved them.
You are suppose to tell your spouse you love them every time they expect for you to tell them. Women especially like to hear those words, it makes us feel secure.
I don't have a spouse, but when people tell me they love me I never believe it.





My parents only say I love you after they get off the phone.
I dont say it as often as I show it.
I tell him how much I love Him every single day and so is He. It's not just a word. I can't go on a day without telling Him how much I love Him =)
We say it every day to each other


Yes I believe it....even if we are arguing about something.....


We still mean it....
Every day. And he does the same.
if you dont believe then why do you care
daily


yes
Honestly? Probably at least 10 times a day! Of course I believe him!

No comments:

Post a Comment